With summer just around the corner and everyone hopeful for plenty of sun, VOYA organic skincare expert Eva Miller has given us her professional advice for optimal summer skincare, providing TOP TIPS to help your skin through the warmer months.
What Effect Does Climate Change Have on Our Skin?
Whether the weather is dry, hot, humid, or freezing cold, different climates can really have an effect on your skin. Remember it is not just the skin on your face you need to focus on but the skin all over your body. Bad skincare during different climate changes can cause everything from acne breakouts to itchy dry patches. Extremes in weather, both hot and cold, can exacerbate some existing skin conditions or even cause new ones. Did you know that one of the most common causes of ageing is dehydrated skin!
Top Tips for Summer Skincare
- Drink plenty of water, Water keeps skin cells hydrated so drinking plenty of water helps keep wrinkles away. Water plumps skin cells up making them look less wrinkled. Also, it flushes impurities and toxins out of the system keeping your face fresh which helps reduce breakouts and acne.
- Work from the inside out, the saying goes you are what you eat. Try VOYA’s certificated organic seaweed teas. Each tea has 3 different flavours to suit your taste buds. Each tea contains Fucus Serratus seaweed which fights against free radicals and improves overall skins appearance.
- Cleanse, throughout the day the skin on your face is continually covered with bacteria, pollutants, viruses, dirt, and old (dead) skin cells. Cleansing clears the skins surface to allow your products to soak deeper into the skin’s layers. VOYA’s ‘Cleanse and Mend’ cleanser is super easy to use. Apply with your fingers, rotating the cleanser around in circular movements removing all the bacteria. Do this twice daily, morning and night-time for best result!
- Face spritz, on warm summer days, having a face mist in hand is a great way to ensure mid-day hydration when you feel your skin needs it. It’s also a good way of cooling down in the heat, whether you’re out and about or sitting in the car on a hot summer’s day. VOYA’s Ritzy Spritzy face toner is perfect for giving your skin a boost while on the go, apply on top of make up or just after you cleanse.
- Use a Serum, using a facial serum is another key factor in addressing skin concerns. Serums are made up of smaller molecules that can penetrate deeply into the skin and deliver a very high concentration of active ingredients. This makes them a great tool for targeting skincare concerns and boosting dry or dual skin. One serum will not suit all skin types,
- Moisturize, using a moisturizer daily can help prevent and treat your skin particularly if you have dry skin. It protects sensitive skin, improves skin tone and texture, and masks imperfections. Moisturizers hold water in the outermost layer of skin, also acting as a temporary protection barrier. Apply VOYA’s Me Time or Pearlesque moisturizer on top of serum or under make up.
Although the above might sound like a lot of work, VOYA have made this easy for you with their new travel kits launching this May. Each kit will contain a cleanser / toner / serum and moisturizer to suit different skin types and keep you looking fresh all summer. This kit is super handy if you are traveling aboard as all units are under the 100ml allowance and can be taken on board with you as hand luggage. The kits are also a wonderful introductory gift for those who are currently unfamiliar with the brand and the profound healing powers of seaweed.