SEAWEED BEAUTY BENEFITS
Seaweeds contain Algal polyphenols and Carotenoids which have been proven to be strong antioxidants. Antioxidants are compounds that protect against cell damage inflicted by molecules called oxygen-free radicals, which are a major cause of disease and aging. Like beta carotene and vitamins C and E, polyphenols protects the cells in your body from an unstable form of oxygen called a free radical. The antioxidant combines with the free radical to prevent it from attaching to and damaging the cells in your body.
Seaweed also contains a wide variety of vitamins which include:
- Vitamin A (beta-carotene)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
- Folic acid
Seaweeds draw from the sea an incomparable wealth of mineral elements, macro-elements and trace elements. The mineral fraction of some seaweeds accounts for up to 36% of dry matter.
Compared to most plants, seaweed contains a number of extraordinary amino acids and essential fatty acids.
Natural Beauty benefits of seaweed include:
- Naturally soothes & moisturises
- Helps against the signs of ageing
- Natural anti-cellulite properties
- Improves suppleness and elasticity of skin
- Traditionally used in the care and repair of the skin
- Cleanses and purifies
- Tones and stimulates the skin